2D Drafting for Mechanical Projects
When it comes to 2D drawing software, the first thing that comes to our mind is AutoCAD. AutoCAD was instrumental in popularizing Computer Aided Design (CAD). To date, AutoCAD holds the top position in the industry when it comes to 2D drafting and architectural planning.
Tips for 2D Drawing in AutoCAD.
- Use the Snap feature to properly attach bodies.
- If you are drawing a large portion, you can enable the grid option.
- Make blocks for frequently used shapes.
- If you are designing a sheetmetal part like the one on this page, you can use the coordinate dimension instead of the linear dimension.
- Create your custom one letter shortcuts for frequently used commands